Last quarter, I posted about my goal to diversify my reading list in 2021. It’s hard to believe that another quarter has flown by — it’s time to post what I read in Q2 (plus the July 4th holiday weekend).
As a reminder, I’m classifying these books and authors based on information that’s disclosed by the author in easily, publicly available online spaces or in the books. Not everybody shares personal details about themselves in these places, so I may be excluding authors who fall into one of these diverse groups based on the information that I have available to me.
- The Stone Sky by N. K. Jemisin
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- The Year of Less by Cait Flanders
- Adventures in Opting Out by Cait Flanders
- The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker
- Citizen by Claudia Rankine
- Ace by Angela Chen
- Spirit Run by Noé Álvarez
- The Doomsday Book of Fairy Tales by Emily Brewes
I’m not going to do a Reading list this quarter because I am finding myself always in the middle of several books, but maybe not actively reading them all the time. I doubt this will change in the future, but I’m pressing pause on this section until I get more consistent at finishing books!
- 9 books finished
- 4 by BIPOC authors: Jemisin, Rankine, Chen, Álvarez
- 1 by an LGBTQIA+ author: Chen
- 3 by (2) international authors: Flanders, Brewes
As an aside, if you’re in the Boston area and are looking for a great bookstore to find a lot of the books I listed this month, check out Wild Child in Somerville!